Dear Jana, I haven't forgotten the log, just wanted to finish my actual work on the topic first. Sorry about that.
This week I've had only time to work on the questions asked in the forum and to read the Trachtenberg text and to filter essential information out of it. Both aspects (answering questions and Trachtenberg) will be integrated into the ppt, which seems absolutely enough to present as the time frame for each group/person is limited to 10-15 minutes.
What is still problematic / needs to be done:
- Delicious - before adding new bookmarks, I'd rather look through those that are already there. Otherwise it's mere accumulation of information without evaluation. I doubt that the bookmarks are all sufficiently revised before being added. I mean that's what I've done as well.
- concrete examples: it is apparent that the Chicago fair did not have a lot of positive aspects for AAs. Consequently, in order to make out other examples, I need to partly consider later expositions (Texas Centennial). I intend to take a look at Cheryl Glanz's book (Negro Day) and maybe read something more about photography.
In the end, the quality of the whole outcome of research depends on what examples and concrete information I can find and then join those with the theoretical background.
At the moment, I'm so fed up with PowerPoint as I spent many many hours on a ppt for a presentation I gave yesterday. I don't know whether I'm too slow and diligent about this or the preparation of such a presentation just takes that long. Even if the ppt is of a simple black/white design and without breath-taking animation schemes, it's extremely time consuming.
I chatted with Christian and wrote him an email as well. He seems lost and that's what he told me as well. He would have attended the minisession last Friday, but it wasn't possible. Like me, he is struggling finding concrete information. However, I for one have a plan thanks to the clarification and help I received last week. Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with direct help that's why I think Christian will and have to get in contact with you after class to sort his problems out.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.