Dienstag, 30. Juni 2009

Answering...

1.) What's your theoretical foundation? Pls summarize it in a few sentences only so I know that you know ;o)

Uhm, I think Roche and a bit of Trachtenberg if suitable anywhere. You know the exclusionary inclusion... I hope that's what you were aiming at.

2.) Why do you want to include the Texas Centennial? Do you want to focus on north-south segregation differences and attitudes? Would that be the new direction of your research?

No, it's not about north-south segregation; it's just an addition to the development after the Chicago world's fair as at the Texas Centennial the AAs managed to have their own pavilion; something I could mention in my conclusion.

3.) What kind of examples are you looking for? You have listed quite a few -- why don't you just focus on them?

I think I'm going to focus on DuSable as he's directly linked to the local history of Chicago, and the project to exhibit the cabin of him was mainly forced by AA women (--> AA and women, dual minority so to speak)

4.) Did you actually expect a positive outcome for African Americans after the Chicago Expo?

Actually not, but as I wrote in my preliminary summary, the author Christopher Reed considers the outcome of the fair postive rather than negative.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about my summary, especially my thesis? I find it pretty difficult formulating a thesis; however, I think by the way I put it, the thesis seems provable.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.