I'm happy to inform you that I've managed the Roche reading assignment; the 1st part on Saturday, 2nd part yesterday, 3rd part this evening. Without having to think long about it, I can detect 'the persepective on public culture', namely Habshawn and Bennett, as well as the following theoretical sections and the alternative approaches of chapter one, the hardest parts. Ad hoc I couldn't tell what Habshawn's and Bennett's findings in detail were/are. That is partly owed to the fact that I barely remember more than the just-read sections;-) It's just overwhelming, the impact of cultural theory I'm usually not exposed to. As long as I can scan the passages again, I'm able to recall the one or the other aspect. Nevertheless, terms as 'cultural inclusion/exclusion', 'performance complex' or ... whatever, are blurring and whizzing in my mind. I guess I could achieve some clarification through rereading them. Without this, no reflection. Doesn't come natural to me anyway.
Regarding chapter one, I did all the tasks of your guiding study questions in writing, except the optional. Not because it isn't compulsory, but it's hard to transform theory into pratice (like the example of the Futurama button); it's a question of coincidence and luck, too. In the end, it's again a time problem (the same old song). If I've a some minutes left tomorrow, I give it try.
What is definitely true for me is that the study question make a huge difference. They're like flashlights highlighting the aspects you're to focus on. It makes the context clearer, breaks the whole text down and disenchants the "inviolability of expertise" (what I mean is that it seems to be easier to read, even for a lay).
Regarding chapter one, I did all the tasks of your guiding study questions in writing, except the optional. Not because it isn't compulsory, but it's hard to transform theory into pratice (like the example of the Futurama button); it's a question of coincidence and luck, too. In the end, it's again a time problem (the same old song). If I've a some minutes left tomorrow, I give it try.
What is definitely true for me is that the study question make a huge difference. They're like flashlights highlighting the aspects you're to focus on. It makes the context clearer, breaks the whole text down and disenchants the "inviolability of expertise" (what I mean is that it seems to be easier to read, even for a lay).
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.